Climate and Culture
#CitiesAreListening Climate and Culture Page
This process belongs to Town Hall 2022
This Town Hall focuses on the social and cultural side of the climate crisis. Issues such as climate justice, displacement, and resilience are covered in light of the Stockholm +50 process to achieve a healthy planet for the prosperity of all among others.
To guarantee that our planet and future generations are protected and able to live decent lives, we need to acknowledge the turning point in history we find ourselves at.
The climate emergency must be mitigated and action is needed from all actors. This action must be one that is rooted in change: a change in production and consumption, a change in our relationship with nature, and a change in priorities to achieve caring systems. This change can be brought about through culture as the backbone of our societies and as our motor for change and sustainable development.
Town Hall :
- Andrew Potts, Climate Heritage Network
- Ronan Dantec, President of Climate Chance
- Corinne Lepage, Global Alliance for the Rights of Nature
- Aminatu Gambo, International Indigenous Women's Forum (FIMI)
- Sanjaya Bhatia, Head of Office Incheon of UNDRR, MCR2030
- Representatives of the Youth, Feminist and Accessibility Caucuses