2021 World Council
Smart cities and territories, pillars of the common agenda
World Forum of Regions: Smart Territories in the Urban Era - High-level political dialogues and joint declaration
🎯 Description: 2021 marks five years since the adoption of the New Urban Agenda at the Habitat III Conference held in Quito. Many advances and transformations have been launched since then, particularly on the importance of considering territorial approaches, urban-linkages and multilevel governance.
Our common challenge is a new social contract that places the care of people and the planet at the centre of territorial policies.
This high-level dialogue will address the unique role of regional governments to improve ties and collaborative governance towards a future of solidarity with communities, for present and future generations.
The outcome declaration of the UCLG Forum of Regions will be adopted and launched.
💬 Interpretation available in: English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Turkish, Russian
🎤 Some of the voices you will hear:
- Ms. Fatimetou Abdel Malick, President, Regional Council of Nouakchott
- Ms. Dorothée Allain-Dupré, CFE Head of Regional Development and Multi-level Governance Division, OECD
- Mr. Uğur İbrahim Altay, Mayor of Konya & UCLG Co-President
- Mr. Magnus Berntsson, President of the Assembly of European Regions, Regional Minister of Environment and Vice President of the Regional Council, Västra Götaland"
- Ms. Mercè Conesa, Director of the INCASOL, Government of Catalonia
- Mr. Adama Diouf, President of the Regional Council of Kaffrine, Vice-President of ORU FOGAR
- Mr. Aníbal Gaviria, Governor of Antioquia
- Mr. Pablo Jurado, President of the Region of Imbabura, President of CONGOPE, UCLG Vice-President and President of the Forum of Regions
- Mr. Aysen Nikolaev, Head of Sakha Republic, Yakutia, UCLG Vice-President for EURASIA
- Mr. Edgar Pieterse, UCLG UBUNTU Adviser, Director of the African Centre for Cities
- Mr. Luciano Rivas, Governor, Araucanía
- Mr. Apostolos Tzitzikostas, Governor of the Region of Central Macedonia, President of the European Committee of the Regions
- Ms. Marcela Villarreal, Director, Division of Partnerships and UN Collaboration, Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
📌 Key documents:
🔗 Related resources of interest:
📺 UCLG TV:
▶️ Special Channel with the latest events, campaigns and key interviews.
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?