2021 World Council
Smart cities and territories, pillars of the common agenda
UCLG Policy Council on Opportunities for All, Culture and City Diplomacy: Keys to Sustainable Development and Peace
Session organized in the framework of Urban October, under the leadership of the UCLG Policy Council on Opportunies for All, Culture and City Diplomacy: Keys to Sustainable Development and Peace.
🎯 Description: The Policy Council on Opportunities for All, Culture and City Diplomacy addresses, apart from the titular issues, roles such as transparency and local economic development. Building on the meetings in 2021, the meeting of the Policy Council in the framework of Urban October will introduce critical topics such as connecting in a stronger manner the peace and the equality agendas; exploring the future of work and the challenges of the ecological transition, and calling for culture to be acknowledged as essential in building back better and indispensable to ensure sustainable development and peace.
Link to register for the session (required to participate).
💬 Interpretation available in: English, French, Spanish.
🎤 Some of the voices you will hear:
- Abdallah Anati, Executive Director, Association of Palestinian Local Authorities (APLA)
- Faola Hodaj, Director of Innovation, City of Tirana
- Catharina Isberg, Library Director, Helsingborg City Libraries
- Milou Jansen, Coordinator of the Cities Coalition for Digital Rights
- Fiona O’Connor, Digital Literacy Expert from the Toronto Library
- Xabier Ochandiano, Councillor of Economic Development, Business and Labour of Bilbao
- Féthi Riah, City Councillor of Grande-Synthe
- José Manuel Ribeiro, Mayor of Valongo
- Andre Viola, President of the Aude Provincial Council
📌 Key Documents:
🔗 Related resources of interest:
📺 UCLG TV:
▶️ Special Policy Council Channel with the latest events, campaigns and key interviews.
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?