2021 World Council
Smart cities and territories, pillars of the common agenda
UCLG Policy Council on the Right to the City and Inclusive Territories
Session organized in the framework of Urban October, under the leadership of the UCLG Policy Council on the Right to the City and Inclusive Territories.
🎯 Description: The Policy Council on the Right to the City and Inclusive Territories is an essential mechanism to advance UCLG members’ conversation on the right to the city. While continuing to address key priorities such as shifting the narrative around migration and the right to housing, this mechanism is now set to explore a wider emerging agenda: from renewing approaches to equality and accessibility to advancing a new generation of rights. In the framework of Urban October, this meeting of the Policy Council aims to review the issues previously addressed by the Policy Council, such as violence against women and girls, human mobility and universal accessibility along with a series of thematic proposal on how the Council could focus its work towards the Pact for the Future.
Link to register for the session (required to participate).
💬 Interpretation available in: English, French, Spanish.
🎤 Some of the voices you will hear:
- Mohamed Aydi, Deputy Mayor of Sfax (Tunisia)
- Armand Béouindé, Mayor of Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso), President of the Association of Municipalities of Burkina Faso (AMBF), Vice-President of UCLG for Africa
- Zinnur Büyükgöz, Mayor of Gebze (Turkey) (TBC)
- Daniel Camacho, Undersecretary for governance of Bogotá (Colombia)
- Carolina Cosse, Mayor of Montevideo (Uruguay) (TBC)
- Carola Gunnarsson, Mayor of Sala (Sweden), Vice-President of the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SALAR), Vice-President of UCLG for Europe
- Annie Christelle Limbourg, Deputy Mayor of Libreville (Gabon)
- Salvatore Martello, Mayor of Lampedusa (Italy)
- Maureen Pino Dreckmann, Office of the UN Special Envoy on Disability and Accessibility
- Colin Rajah, Coordinator of the Civil Society Action Committee
- Philippe Rio, Mayor of Grigny (France), Co-chair of the UCLG Committee on Social Inclusion, Participatory Democracy and Human Rights
- Noraini Roslan, Mayor of Subang Jaya (Malaysia)
- Maite Selva i Huertas, Mayor of Begur and vicepresident of the Catalan
📌 Key documents:
🔗 Related resources of interest:
📺 UCLG TV:
▶️ Special Policy Council Channel with the latest events, campaigns and key interviews.
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?