Youth Caucus Page
This process belongs to Town Hall 2022
There is an imminent need to integrate youth voices into both policy and advocacy co-creation processes and to increase younger generations’ buy-in and representation.
To this end, the Youth Caucus has been developed to formally contribute to the recommendations of each of the 4 Town Halls (the Global Commons, Trust and Government, Caring Systems and Climate and Culture). At least one youth councillor takes part in each of the Town Halls. The caucus will be drafting a standalone document to be presented to the UCLG World Council in Daejeon in 2022.
These young voices include:
- Viviane Ogou Corbi, Youth Council of Barcelona
- Marta Verani, Major Group for Children and Youth
- Elana Wong, Major Group for Children and Youth
- Daniel Akinjise, African Youth Leader
And they are accompanied by political representatives from UCLG, the Cities Are Listening series and UCLG Policy Councils, through:
- Elisenda Alamany, Barcelona City Councilor and Metropolitan Councilor (Metropolitan Area of Barcelona)
- Gissela Chalá, Vice Mayor of the Metropolitan Council of Quito
- Annie Chrystel Limbourg, Deputy Mayor of Libreville