Trust and Government
#CitiesAreListening Trust and Government Page
This process belongs to Town Hall 2022
This Town Hall explores how to renew trust between people and government. It also covers how to repurpose public institutions to foster solidarity and ensure they co-create with people and their everyday priorities while maintaining a global vision and that the governance of emergencies and international cooperation are strengthened.
Trust is the backbone of peace and inclusion and the foundation of key elements of democracy such as transparency and integrity in public information, accountability and multi- stakeholder multi-generational dialogue. Fostering trust between people and government is key to truly reinvigorate multilateralism and ensure that the global agendas are achieved. Trust includes not only listening to others but also learning from others.
Town Hall :
- Eugenie Birch, Chair, General Assembly of Partners
- Rudi Borrmann, Lead, OGP Local, Open Government Partnership
- Barbara Holtmann, Fixed Africa
- Alberto Fernandez Gibaja, Senior Programme Officer, International IDEA
- Christopher Williams, UN Habitat New York Office
- Representatives of the Youth, Feminist and Accessibility Caucuses